National CL of the Year 2015 & Regional in 2016 & 2017!
Our award winning Caravan & Motorhome Club CL is nestled within the rural countryside, near Skipwith, approximately 8 miles south of the beautiful City of York. The touring caravan site has 5 double electric hook up points, so you aren’t limited to where you want to set up. There is a shower and toilet facility, which is centrally heated and has been finished to a very high standard. We also have hardstanding pitches which can take motorhomes up to 9m in length.
Our Caravan site also includes the following:
- Spacious and level grass pitches (grass kept short & collected)
- Price includes 2 adults, electric hook-up, 1 vehicle & awning (please use breathable groundsheets for more than a 2 night booking)
- Luxury heated cabin with quality Shower (20p coin operated) and 2 toilets (cleaned regularly)
- Drinking water & grey waste point
- Elsan disposal point & recycling facilities
- Well behaved dogs welcome (to be kept on a lead). Note that from Sept to Feb there occasionally can be a local shoot nearby (15th December 2018 & 19th January 2019)
- Dog exercise area
- New – Walk to Skipwith village, Skipwith Common or The Drovers Arms
- Open all year round (good draining sandy land for the winter months and 3 hard standing pitches)
- Family friendly
- Open to Caravan & Motorhome Club members only (to join visit www.caravanclub.co.uk)
- WiFi (charges apply)
- 16amp Electric Hook Up (please use low wattage items)
- 3 hard standing pitches for caravans or motorhomes (up to 9m) – please ensure you select a hard standing pitch when you book (subject to availability)
- 10 minute drive to an off road cycle track with food and drink along the route. York Solar cycle track is a flat, interesting & safe route to York
Please see our CL rules to make your stay on our CL as enjoyable as possible
Note that we are now fully booked for the Bank Holiday weekends in 2019.
Caravan Site Reviews
Since opening in December 2013 we have met some lovely caravaners/motorhomers and received some wonderful reviews, please see for yourself: http://www.freetobook.com/reviews/38482521/Field_House_Farm
Places to visit close to the Caravan Site
Below are a few suggestions where you could visit, a more comprehensive list can be found our local tourism page:
NEW – We now have a list of Dog Friendly Places to Visit while staying at our CL Site. We also have an online Information Pack which will help you settle in so please take a look before you arrive, it contains some of the following info:
- Emergency contacts
- Site Rules
- Site Layout
- Local Walks
- Supermarkets & shops
- Parking (including Motorhome section)
- Dog friendly places to visit
- Caravan Spares & Accessories
- Tips for Travelers
- Wifi Information & Terms
If you have any other suggestions, please just let us know.
Local Shops & Pubs
Within a few minutes drive, or bike ride, there is our local village General Store and Post Office located in North Duffield village. They carry a good range of stock and have long opening hours, therefore very useful. There is also a wide range of shops in and around York and a few shopping centers, for the rainy days. There are also several nearby pubs to choose from including the Drovers Arms (Skipwith), Kings Arms (North Duffield), Wenlock Arms (Wheldrake), White Swan (Deighton) and the White Swan (Bubwith – booking advisable) to name a few
We all look forward to meeting you in the future.