Our family lives on a small farm (small holding) just outside the village of Skipwith. We also have a large touring caravan ourselves, after suffering a few years of wet camping. So we appreciate the likes and dislikes of caravaners and we hope that we’ve got it right. If not, please do let us know, we welcome your comments good or bad so we can try and cater for your requirements.
Take a look at our Gallery page for the latest images showing the luxury central heated cabin, our animals on the farm and the nearby City of York.
What can you expect to see while staying at our site?
We have a few farm animals including sheep, cows and chickens. If you visit us around Easter, you may see the newborn lambs, they are adorable! Free range eggs are available from Spring to Autumn.
We are also surrounded by wildlife including:
- Common Buzzards (they fly most days, just listen and you’ll see them soaring above)
- Red Kite – silent so you’ve got to keep an eye out for them
- Owls (Barn, Little & Tawny) – listen out for them in the evening
- Yellow Hammer – very timid birds but are seen regularly through the Summer
- Woodpecker – an occasional visit from Woody, you can usually hear him in the distance
- Redwing & Fieldfare – can be seen regularly through winter hopping across the fields
- Partridges – they like to walk on the top of our hedge
- Deer – occasionally you’ll see them graze on the edge of the woods nearby
- Swallows – who have nests in our barns and emigrate in Autumn & return in Spring
- Various garden birds and few tree sparrows
A short drive will take you to Skipwith Common, which includes some waymarked trails for you to enjoy.
We are lucky to be located near the historic City of York, which is great for shopping and has many attractions. There are quaint shops and cobbled streets, where there are lots to see and do.